This is the first of my quick tip items – less in-depth analysis and more “how to fix”.
Scenario: Lync iOS user running iOS 7.x, connected via wireless connection.
Issue: User was unable to login to client. They were met immediately with a “unable to connect to server” error message. We found that if the user were to move to another wireless connection they were able to login without any issue.
Log File: Upon review of the log file I found several messages like the following:
This would happen about 10 times through out the single login experience.
|Solution: The device was attempting to discover corporate proxy settings due to settings on the client. Within the Settings||Wi-Fi on the iOS device.|
Change HTTP Proxy from Auto to Off. The WPAD errors immediately went away and the device was able to connect without issue.